Saturday, October 25, 2008

He finished!

Today was the long awaited Half Marathon. Nathanial got up bright and early (thanks to Thomas) and was ready to go. The race started at 8:00 this morning. Thomas and I went and did our weekly grocery shopping during the race. We actually got to see Nathanial running around the 4.5 mile marker. We were stuck at an intersection for 10 minutes while waiting for a break in the runners.

Nathanial finished strong. I was really lucky to even be able to see him finish. I was expecting a 2:30 finish with everything else that has gone on this week. His unofficial official time was 1:52:13. That is about a 8.5 minute mile. Which was great. His goal was to stick with the 2:00:00 pacer the whole way, but that was just a bit too slow for him.

I am proud of him and his hardwork to reach this point and am even more glad that it is over. Now on to bigger and more important things...

3 comments:

Janae' said...

Congratulations!!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

Yes Congratulations Nathanial!

Monica said...

YEAH!!! Thats a great time for only training a few months!