Today Nathanial had an EQ Basketball game. Thomas was needing a change of scenery so we accompanied Nathanial. 5 minutes into the game Thomas is off playing when I hear him start crying. He comes running over to me showing me his finger. I had noticed him pushing the folding chairs arouned, but it didn't register in my brain until I saw his finger what had happened. He had pinched his finger in the folding mechanism and broke off part of the nail. Luckily Brady was sleeping in his carseat so I left him with a sister from the ward and went to figure out what to do with a hurt finger.
So after the game, the bleeding had almost stopped, but I was concerned about whether or not he needed stitchs. So we headed to the nearnest instacare
(which is just behind our apartment complex)Turns out that Thomas didn't need stitchs, the doctor trimmed the nail and wrapped it up. Not too bad for a 10 minute visit.
So we made it 2 weeks in Ohio before we hit the urgent care. It took us almost 2.5 years in Arkansas to go to the er. Thomas seems to be doing okay. We will put up a picture when we get our computer up and going, but it is quite the sight being his middle finger and all. Luckily he doesn't understand about the bird...
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hahahah funny . . . about the middle finger. I hope you guys are settling in well & making lots of new friends. We miss you :)
That's why they say church ball is so dangerous:) Hope his finger feels better quickly. In the mean time I think he needs lots of candy!
lol about the Big bad bird. I'm so glad he didn't injure it any worse.
that is to bad about his little finger! hey have you sent me your new address yet?
Post a Comment