Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Temporarily Settled In

So we have now been in Ohio fo 5 days. We are settled in our temporay apartment. Other than a few forgets, we got everything in the car that we will need. The biggest forget was my skirt for church. I had planned on wearing the same skirt all of the time while rotating through some blouses. I ended up leaving it in Utah and didn't realize it until 4:00 am sunday morning. I ended up wearing blue jeans to church. So much for making a good impression.

We are amazed at how big the apartment is. It is about the size of our house back in Arkansas, minus the 3rd bedroom. Thomas loves running around the living room (so grateful no one lives below us). Thomas has locked himself in his bedroom twice so far, and we are waiting for maintance to come and switch out the doorknob. Overall, both boys are doing fairly well. Brady may have a sore throat or is colicky, and cries quite abit unless (and even if) I am holding him. Thomas seems to be adjusting slowly. Hopefully Brady will come around soon so I can start Thomas and his preschool lessons.

Everything is moving along with our house. We are waiting for the snow to melt so the roof can be inspected. The sellers are willing to fix most of the issues that came up with the home inspection (and there are quite a few). Hopefully the roof checks out and we can move in early March. We are excited to get settled in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you Jodi! Take some pictures for us and post them on your blog. I know your family will grow fast, I don't want to miss it.

Justin and Callie said...

Ah man! He locked himself in again?! Hope they hurry and get that fixed. That could get old in a hurry. :) Hope Baby B feels better soon for your sake as much as his. Love ya.

The Sullys said...

i'm so glad you guys are settled. Ooof! I'm so sorry about your skirt, but I'm sure no one noticed with 2 precious boys in tow.